Sonos Arc volume levels different across TV and streaming services

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Sonos Arc and Sub (Gen 3).  I notice that the volume level is significantly different between services (TV, Netflix, Youtube).  For example:

When watching TV, I need to have the volume very high (60% - 70%) to hear it well.  the volume level through on the native TV is much louder than through the Arc.  When I turn on the TV the volume jumps up to a good level for a second then drops to the level that I’m talking about.  It’s like it tried to set at the right level then something happens.

When watching Netflix, the volume level still need to be Approx 50% but is louder than the TV

When watching YouTube, volume is very loud (what I expect) and only need to have it at 10% - 20%.  No need to have it anywhere near half as it fills the room.  This is the kind of performance I’m expecting with the new Arc and comparable to my old Bose soundbar which was consistently loud and high quality across all services.

I am connected via eARC from a new, 2020 LG OLED 65inch CX.  I’m not all that happy generally with the sound as it’s inconsistent and feel like I’m not getting the best experience from movies.

Thanks

Cory 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @cpw1976, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. Let me help you out.

Please check this community thread which may help you with the issue. Also, you may try to perform the troubleshooting steps below and see if it works for you.

1. Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc and the LG TV. 
2. Unplug the power cable from your LG TV, the Sonos Arc, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
2. Reconnect the HDMI cable to your LG TV and the Sonos Arc. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
3. Update the LG TV’s software (if available)
4. Disable eARC on the LG TV.
5. Adjust the group audio delay - Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Beam > Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.
6. Check for Sonos update - Settings > System > Check for updates.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.