Question

Sonos Arc - Switching back to TV Audio In - a few seconds after playing music from app

• 11 November 2020
  • 1 reply

When I play audio on the sonos arc through the app, or ask Alexa to play a song, it plays through the arc for a few seconds and then switches back to the TV Audio In status in the app.  My TV is off, so TV sound is not actually coming through the Sonos. 

Set up

I am using Xfinity X1 box, which is connected to an HD Furry Arcana eArc adapter, which then connects to both the TV and the Sonos.  Wondering if this is my issue? Any ideas? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rfed0213, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you out.

First I'd like to ask questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Is TV Autoplay disabled in the Sonos app? What happens when you enable it or vice versa? Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay.
2. Did you turn off the TV speakers from your LG TV when you set up your Sonos Arc? You can check it on your TV settings.

It would be best if you can submit a diagnostic report of your system for a better understanding and see what would be best for the setup. Reply to us with the confirmation number. 

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.