Skip to main content
Answered

sonos Arc sound skipping with Samsung TV

• 6 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I am getting beyond frustrated the last couple months. My Sonos Arc drops sound/skips frequently. I have a Samsung 4k OLED tv less than a year old. The arc is less than a year. I tried all new cables. Rebooting, updates all new. Contacted Sonos, they blame Samsung, contact Samsung, they are just stupid to deal with and keep passing me around to no resolution.

Sonos has no issues when I stream music through the app. no one will help me with exchanging the Sonos bc it they blame each other. 

Is there a resolution out there for these issues? A product I can buy? Or something unrelated out there I haven't thought of? 

thank you 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not much help but the forum has a lot of Samsung topics that may have something for you.

If the forum search comes up short of what you need try a search engine with the :site option.

Samsung site:en.community.sonos.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=Samsung+site%3Aen.community.sonos.com

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Also set your TV to these settings:

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto (Off if only using the TV’s native apps)

Digital Output Audio Format: Pass-Through