Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Arc - sound crackling noise.

• 31 January 2021
  • 1 reply

My Sonos has done this twice now since recieving this sound bar a week. 

The diagnosis #1834247281

Please advise on how fix this. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Chad711.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting a diagnostic. Allow me to share some information to help out.

Based on the provided diagnostic, there is no hardware failure showing on your Sonos beam since a ratling sound may be either a wireless interference or a physical damage with the built-in speaker it self and the Audio format shows Dolby Digital +.

I would like to recommend the following troubleshooting steps that might help rule out any possible issues.

• Reduce wireless interference - we have some members of the community sharing experiences of having issues with crackling sound, bussing sound, or any other audio not related to the actual audio they are listening to. Here is a thread about this topic that you may want to read through.

• Supported home theater audio formats - we may also want to check the audio format of the video you are watching by checking with the TV’s menu to see if setting it to PCM would have any noticeable change with the audio.

• Try listening to music with your Sonos Arc to verify if we still have any crackling sound.

• Try changing other video source like cable box, satellite tv, in-app videos like netflix etc. this is to check if there are no changes with the behavior.

After the above recommendations were performed and no changes at all with the behavior of the crackling sound, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement as this is out of the ordinary behavior. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can take a look into what is the root cause of the issue. The diagnostic submitted does not contain any recorded hardware failures.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,