Answered

Sonos Arc only works with Apple TV after reboot

• 7 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Toshiba FireTV with Apple TV 4K plugged into the HDMI 2. Sonos Arc is plugged into the HDMI Arc. Audio is only transferred to the Sonos Arc after I unplug and plug in the TV power. If I play Spotify  through the Sonos app on the Arc I am not able to get Audio from the TV again without rebooting the TV. I found a work around when using the Apple TV 4K and using airplay for Apple TV 4K audio. However, I am not able to airplay the Audio from Apple Arcade as Apple Arcade does not show up under now playing. In order to get the audio to the Sonos Arc I need to unplug the TV, plug back in, and wait for the fireTV to reboot. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 March 2023, 05:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your Apple TV to the TV.

Also, make sure you have TV Autoplay enabled in the Sonos app. You might also want to set the Change Format audio setting on the Apple TV to ON and set the Audio Format to Dolby Digital 5.1.