Skip to main content
Answered

sonos arc lg c1 + headphones?

• 10 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello

I am an inexperienced Sonos user and have a basic question 

I use LG 1 and Sonos Arc and also would like to be able to connect with Bluetooth headphones, but was not able to get it working.

Appreciate any clues!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

After you pair the Bluetooth headphones with the TV, you need to turn off Simplink (CEC) and change the Sound Out setting to the Bluetooth option.

Read more here:

After you pair the Bluetooth headphones with the TV, you need to turn off Simplink (CEC) and change the Sound Out setting to the Bluetooth option.

Read more here:

thank you for the reply

i see Simplink (CEC) in the HDMI Setting but it’s always on and i can’t change it :(

Hi @chudak 

These instructions (that work :slight_smile: ) are for a LG Model 55NANO90UNA.

LG menus change slightly in appearance between models (I have 3 LG’s) but for the most part can be easily navigated. I use my Bluetooth Headphones in the bedroom for obvious reasons at night when I can’t sleep and don’t want to move to my media room.

1. First register your Bluetooth (BT) Headphones as a Device on your LG (Step 2)
  2. Go to All Settings > Sound > Sound Out > BT > Device List (3 dots/lines) 
  3. Place BT Headphones in Pairing Mode > Select Search > Register BT Headphones as a Device
  4. Go to Connections > Device Connections > Turn Off SimpLink (CEC) *
  5. Go to Sound > Sound Out > HDMI > Bluetooth
  6. Enjoy your BT Headphones

* SimpLink (CEC) will auto-turn on when you switch back to HDMI in Sound Menu

Note: When viewing content via AppleTV 4K (physical box) with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max the above steps aren’t required. Just switch to HDMI input for the AppleTV 4K and connect AirPods Pro or AirPods Max in Apple Menu. After the first connection subsequent connections are automatic when in range.