Answered

sonos Arc keeps cutting out every 20 sec

• 2 January 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

I have a 75” Samsung smart tv with a E-Arc port after Install the audio keep cutting out every 20 seconds checked the tv setting and audio set on auto and keeps switching back and forth tv audio out to external speakers out. I also have a blueray hooked up to hdmi port1

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 January 2023, 02:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Check the hdmi connections are all fully inserted.

Userlevel 7

Set the Digital Output Audio Format setting on the TV to Pass-Through instead of Auto.

Thank you guys I tried both of your suggestions but did not work I think that it’s the tv software I do have E-arc on my tv only  when I switch to hdmi audio out it does it. When I switch it back to tv speakers it stops Cutting out

Samsung have issues, go into your TV settings click sound and expert settings  

when your watching general cable

Earc port switched from auto to off and i believe the tab is digital out put you want if from auto to pass thru

when your watching on ur in tv smart apps Earc will be on auto and digital output set to auto 

It’s a pain but have to go back and forth but works 

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Arc and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Be sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings and set Digital Output Audio Format to Pass-Through and HDMI-eARC Mode to OFF. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Keep the HDMI-eARC Mode setting to OFF when using streaming apps. Set it to AUTO when using the Blu-ray player.