Answered

Sonos Arc and Amp setup for TV and music

• 4 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am building my new house and planning to get inceiling Sonos speakers (2) with Sonos arc.

later buy a Sonos arc and woofer and setup a 5.1 surround sound . 

the arc needs to be connected to tv hdmi and arc will connect to amp through wifi.this setup works for tv surround sound . 

however if I want to listen to audio only , Spotify or Apple Music ,will the above setup works with arc powered off and music coming off the 2 ceiling speakers ??

Thanks,

Ram

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 February 2021, 06:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Small correction ...Sonos in ceiling speakers with Sonos amp And buy Sonos arc later .

Thnx,

Ram

Userlevel 7

If you connect the Amp/ceiling speakers to your Arc as surrounds, when you play music, it will be played through the Arc and your ceiling speakers even with the TV turned off.

Thanks for the response Rishi. 

but is there a way we can configure to play the music only on ceiling speakers .don’t want the arc and woofer for the music listening.

Thanks,

Ram

Userlevel 7

You would have to remove/unbond the Amp/ceiling speakers as surrounds from the Arc each time you want to play music out of the ceiling speakers only.