Answered

Software 13.0 on Beam and ARC

Badge

Updated software (13.0) on Beam and sound not working connected to Samsung TV via ARC. EasyLink on TV is still switched on. The Sonos App writes that Easy Link is not switched on.

icon

Best answer by Niels Ole 16 March 2021, 09:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you try toggling Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) off and on again?

Badge

Thanks, yes i did. Tried also in different combinations with cable in/out.

Thanks, yes i did. Tried also in different combinations with cable in/out.

Maybe try powering off the TV and Arc for 30 seconds to clear the ‘handshake’ between the two and then power them back on (TV first) - check the TV settings and then see if it works.

Badge

Thanks for the advice, tried also that, but with no luck.

Thanks for the advice, tried also that, but with no luck.

Do you have other peripherals connected to the TV HDMI ports - if so, remove those first and then try the power-cycle process again mentioned in my earlier post. My thoughts are that another device is stealing the HDMI-CEC focus away from the Arc. If that does bring success, you may need to switch off the CEC control on the connected device(s).

Badge

Thanks a lot Ken, I removed my cromecast and repeated the power-cycle process…. still no luck...

Userlevel 7

Try disconnecting the Beam and Chromecast from the TV and unplugging the Beam and TV from power for about a minute. Plug the Beam and TV back in and power on the TV. Turn on Anynet+ on your TV. Then start the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and don’t connect the Beam to the TV until the Sonos app tells you to. Connect the Chromecast after everything is set up.

Badge

Thanks for the suggestion, but not lucky with this either….

Badge

By the way my TV has no Anynet+ to turn on.  I can switch on Easylink as asked by the App.

Userlevel 7

By the way my TV has no Anynet+ to turn on.  I can switch on Easylink as asked by the App.

Do you have a Samsung or Philips TV?

Badge

Philips.

Badge

I now imagine that I wrote it wrong, sorry.

I now imagine that I wrote it wrong, sorry.

What model is the TV and what are it’s sound-out settings - is it set to output the TV audio to the HDMI-Arc port?

Badge

Philips 32PHT4032/12. Sound out is set to HDMI-Arc, and when I set to HDMI-Arc the TV write that nothiing is connected to HDMI-Arc and it continues to use the build in speakers.

Note you can use either of the two HDMI-ports on that TV, as both of them are ARC/CEC ports but you need to ensure the correct port is set for the sound-out - just check you have that set it to output on the port that the Sonos Beam is set to. Also try ‘toggling’ between the two ports to try to ‘force’ it to use the correct chosen port.

Badge

Only one is with ARC. By the way I can see the picture from the Beam on HDMI 1 being the one with ARC. Still we also have to keep in mind that everything was working perfect from day 1 installation until firmware 13.0 was installed.

Only one is with ARC. By the way I can see the picture from the Beam on HDMI 1 being the one with ARC. Still we also have to keep in mind that everything was working perfect from day 1 installation until firmware 13.0 was installed.

Yes I saw your comment, but the release notes for 13.0 do not appear to relate to anything you are experiencing. The release mostly caters for the new Roam, by all accounts.

The only HT change I can see, is the display change to the controllers ‘now playing’ screen, but I guess nothing can be completely ruled out at this stage. I would have expected more reports however from others, along the same vein as your report too. 

My thoughts are to perhaps next try another HDMI cable, as that is something you might be asked to do by support anyway.. it’s not unheard of for a cable to develop a fault.

Niels Ole,
Looking back through the thread here too, when you tried the ‘TV Setup’ process from within the Sonos App (Beam ‘room’ Settings - see attached) and it still didn’t connect to the TV when prompted by the App, did it give you any error message at all?

And whilst you are there in the Beams ‘room’ settings, I would also suggest trying toggling “OFF” and then "ON” again the “TV Autoplay" switch too. 

Badge

Niels Ole,
Looking back through the thread here too, when you tried the ‘TV Setup’ process from within the Sonos App (Beam ‘room’ Settings - see attached) and it still didn’t connect to the TV when prompted by the App, did it give you any error message at all?

Easylink not connected.

Badge

Easy link not connected.

Easy link not connected.

Maybe try it again, but also toggle off/on easylink in the TV settings, just in case the current setting has ‘glitched’ in the software. Also try the "TV Autoplay" setting too. 

If the HDMI cable replacement also doesn’t fix it, then I would perhaps contact Sonos Customer Support via this LINK.

Badge

Cable replacement fixed the problem!  Thanks a lot everyone, I am impressed!