Answered

Sky Stream and Sonos Arc and HD Fury Arcana

• 14 February 2024
  • 8 replies

I have this week moved from Sky Q to Sky Stream using the puck . 
I also have a Sonos Arc which has had in the past  the usual sound delay problems which I successfully corrected using the amazing HD Fury Arcana device . I was previously watching UHD through Sky Q with no no sound delay issues . 
After  switching to Sky Stream I’m now faced with one of 2 options 

1.no sound delay and not being able to select UHD

2.Sound delay removing HD FURY  and seeing UHD . 

The problem seems to be that Sky stream want you to connect the puck straight to my Panasonic TX-DX750B. If I route through the HD Fury it won’t allow me to select UHD ( screen just flashes ). 

Maybe a different question but if I had an eArc enabled TV would all these  problems go away and there would no time delay issues and I could attach my puck straight into the tv and not through the HD fury . 
Thanks very much 

having read all this it’s probably better I post it on a sky community but I thought others should know about this . 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 16 February 2024, 11:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just a thought but what happens if you pass through the HD Fury but select Passthrough on Sky Stream, rather than the default Auto?

I’m still on Sky Q with the HD Fury so can’t test...

I tried the pass through and connected to Sonos arc  direct without the HD fury and it allowed UHD streaming True Detective and nd the lip sync improved to almost acceptable but when I watched the news (still streaming )  for some reason the lip sync was way out . 
so not really a solution 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There’s a lot of comments on the Sky forum about this, with and without Sonos devices.

I’ve had a look around and can’t find anything specific . In the end a want to listen to Dolby atmos sound through my Sonos arc and get UHD Quality playback  . At the moment that isn’t possible unless it’s totally out of sync! 
If you can post a link to the relevant discussion that would be great . 
Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ve had a look around and can’t find anything specific . In the end a want to listen to Dolby atmos sound through my Sonos arc and get UHD Quality playback  . At the moment that isn’t possible unless it’s totally out of sync! 
If you can post a link to the relevant discussion that would be great . 
Thanks 

This is one of the threads: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Stream/Sky-Stream-Audio-Settings-Passthrough-option/m-p/4503570

Thanks Ukmedia 

Still not sorted . 
when I select UHD on the puck options it says I need to plug the HDMI from my puck directly into the Panasonic but my HDMI has to be routed through arcana to prevent the sync issues . I’m happy to buy an eArc television if this will solve the problem . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Still not sorted . 
when I select UHD on the puck options it says I need to plug the HDMI from my puck directly into the Panasonic but my HDMI has to be routed through arcana to prevent the sync issues . I’m happy to buy an eArc television if this will solve the problem . 

I think that this is more a question for the Sky forum to be honest.  Personally, I can’t help as I’m still using the Sky Q box and don’t have this issue. Sorry...