Answered

Should I add the ERA 300 to my current system?

• 12 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello to the sonos community. I currently own a sonos arc, a sub, which are both placed by the TV and I own 2 sonos ones used as my rear speakers. I was thinking of adding 2 era 300 to my collection but had two questions. I live in a loft and currently the entertainment system is under a ~20ft ceiling, but the loft itself is not big (~1000sq.ft total). First, would it make sense of adding the speakers, given the size of my apartment and possible noise complaints from neighbors (currently not had a single complaint). And my second question is should I use the ERA300 speakers as rear speakers or front speakers? I do not want to replace the sonos ones with the ERA, but keep both.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 July 2023, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You can’t use them as front speakers, Sonos doesn’t allow that option.

I would, however, place the 300s as the surround speakers, in support of the Arc, and use the Sonos Ones somewhere else for music purposes. 

Userlevel 7

If you haven’t received any complaints with an Arc + Sub + Ones setup, then replacing the Ones with Era 300s shouldn’t be a problem.

You cannot use Era 300s as front speakers in a Sonos home theater setup. With the Arc, the Era 300s can only be used as surrounds. And you would need to replace the Ones since you can only add two surround speakers.

The Era 300s as surrounds will be an improvement over the Ones, but because your ceiling is 20 feet high, don’t expect to hear much of anything from the Era 300s’ upward-firing drivers when playing Dolby Atmos audio.