Answered

Samsung ultra thin soundbar with Dolby Atmos

• 13 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Have a Frame TV with Samsung Ultra Thin Soundbar with Dolby Atmos (wife thinks the ARC is too big).  Am I correct that I can play my Sonos music through the Samsung soundbar with the Port, but there is no way to pair the soundbar with Sonos rear speakers for surround sound?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 14 March 2024, 04:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

If the Samsung soundbar has one or more of the following you can connect a Port to send streamed music with Sonos as the source to the Samsung Ultra Thin Soundbar with Dolby Atmos. This also assumes Samsung does not have some type of “block” to prevent non-Samsung gear making a connection. Ideally the soundbar can operate independently without the Frame TV being turned on:

1. Dual RCA inputs
  2. 3.5mm input using Dual RCA from Port to 3.5mm on soundbar
  3. Digital input

You cannot connect Sonos speakers as surrounds to the Samsung Ultra Thin Soundbar with Dolby Atmos

Do you have a link to the spec sheet on this Samsung Ultra Thin Soundbar? We might have more accurate data, if you can post it. 

The model is HW-S801B.   It is set up via wireless and is bluetooth compatable.  Looks like it has HDMI but no RCA or 3.5mm.  Here is a link to the full specs: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/hw-s801b-3-1-2ch-soundbar-w-wireless-dolby-atmos-dts-x-2022-hw-s801b-za/

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Thanks for the link.

It’s appears that Bluetooth for the Samsung Ultra Thin Soundbar with Dolby Atmos can be used to connect to your Samsung TV for a wireless audio connection. It can also be used to connect a mobile device such as a cell or tablet to stream music to it.

You can stream audio to it via AirPlay2 from a compatible device and to a compatible Sonos speaker simultaneously. Which in essnce provides whole home audio. 

However there is no way to integrate it with Sonos as the source (which would require a Sonos Port) without a direct connection such as was mentioned in my first post as:

1. Dual RCA inputs 
  2. 3.5mm input using Dual RCA from Port to 3.5mm on soundbar
  3. Digital input