Answered

Samsung TV & Amp via ARC - TV source intermittent

• 4 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Recently purchased a Sonos Amp and connected to a Samsung Q series via hdmi arc. The tv source was an option at connection and now only appears if the amp is unplugged-replugged back in. As you can imagine, this is very inconvenient. 

Any suggestions on making the connection more reliable? HDMI cable is new and the amp is 3’ away from tv and an access point is 10’ away. We tried to make sure all the basics were covered. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 June 2023, 10:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Amp and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Set the HDMI-eARC Mode setting to OFF and make sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Amp to the TV’s HDMI ARC port. After the Amp has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

I have completed this process 3x, with no luck. The tv switches the input to a black screen with white designs and the TV is not an option under Browse. 

Userlevel 7

Have you switched the source or input on the TV? Do you have TV Autoplay enabled in the Sonos app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @APTexas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.