Answered

Samsung's telling me that Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1 is Dolby Atmos

• 20 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Arc, Gen 3 Sub, & two SL Ones hooked up to my Samsung QN90B TV.  I can see my settings are correct and Dolby Atmos is turned on.  When I play Amazon movies or shows that have Dolby Atmos I can only see Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1 in my Sonos app.  I spent over 2 hours with Samsung and they told me that my settings are correct and that Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1 is just a name coming from the TV and that if my Dolby Atmos is on and I am using the HDMI eArc port, the sound is in Dolby Atmos.  Is this correct?  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 February 2024, 19:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Prime Video recently changed their subscription tiers. The basic tier no longer supports Dolby Atmos audio. You need to upgrade to the ad-free tier.

Thanks Guitar Superstar, I had no idea they changed that when they added ads.  I will look into it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m apparently reduced to using the FireStick’s Audio/Video diagnostic screen to play Atmos content to show off to folks looking at my Arc. It is actually a pretty good demo from what I can tell.

Prime Video recently changed their subscription tiers. The basic tier no longer supports Dolby Atmos audio. You need to upgrade to the ad-free tier.

Again, thanks!  I went in and did the ad free tier and now Dolby Atmos is showing up on my Sonos app.  Not sure why Samsung is telling people they’re the same, but they are not the same.