I am just adding this, because this doesn’t work, at all.
QA55Q7FAM - Firmware updated
Sonos BEAM - HW 184.108.40.206-2.2 OS: S2 Ver: 13.0
- The device is correctly connected to the Beam and HDMI 2 (Arc) on the connection box.
- HDMI is not detected nor is it selectable (it doesn’t exist) in the Samsung TV Sound options, so “Audio Out/Optical” Selected.
- The Expert settings are Bitstream (In) and Dolby (Out)
- The TV can “see” the beam as a media server in the source list.
- Sonos App shows “Audio In: No signal” and HDMI test fails.
- I have tried two different HDMI cables and both work for other applications.
- I disconnected the connection box for 15 minutes and reconnected without the Cable Box, so only BEAM was connected, with no change in behaviour.
- The BEAM works as a ApplePlay 2 device just fine
I am not seeing any available options for connecting this device and conclude the combination simply doesn’t work. This was not a discount TV to buy.
What’s the answer?
- The HDMI (ARC) port on the Q7 is broken?
- The BEAM is junk, blame SONOS
- The Q7 is junk, blame SAMSUNG
Have SONOS actually offered any guidance on this matter?
Best answer by JennineView original