Answered

Samsung One remote compatibility to playbar

• 10 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I had a Samsung 65 in 7000 series TV and the Samsung IR remote was paired to my Sonos playbar. The screen went out, so I bought a Samsung 8000 series for the voice remote. It appears that the 8000 series comes with the Samsung one universal remote that is pre-programmed to RF, but it is capable of IR output. I cannot find settings in the TV menu that will allow my Samsung remote to have IR output to control the Sonos Playbar. Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 February 2024, 05:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

See 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/unable-to-adjust-the-volume-using-the-lg-magic-remote

or 

I had a Samsung 65 in 7000 series TV and the Samsung IR remote was paired to my Sonos playbar. The screen went out, so I bought a Samsung 8000 series for the voice remote. It appears that the 8000 series comes with the Samsung one universal remote that is pre-programmed to RF, but it is capable of IR output. I cannot find settings in the TV menu that will allow my Samsung remote to have IR output to control the Sonos Playbar. Can anyone help? 

To enable IR output on your Samsung 8000 series TV remote for controlling the Sonos Playbar, navigate to the settings menu, find "Remote & Accessories" or "External Device Manager," then select "Remote Control Setup" or "Universal Remote Setup." Choose "Audio" or "Sound System" to set up the remote for the Playbar. If you can't locate these options, consult the user manual or contact Samsung support for help.

Moderator edit: altered formatting to make reply more readable.