Answered

samsung not connecting to SONOS over eARC after casting music to Sonos

• 13 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I have a Samsung 2022 The Frame TV and Sonos ARC. After casting music to the Sonos from an app like pandora, and then disconnecting from the Sonos, I cannot hear audio through the TV. It requires a full power-cycle for the Samsung to recognize that the Sonos is connected over eARC.

Has anybody seen this? I feel like the default behavior should be the eARC link is the highest priority sound source.

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 July 2022, 02:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As the music is playing with the TV already ‘on’ you can switch back to TV audio in a variety of different ways. Here are the methods I use…

• Select the TV icon at the bottom of the (browse) music services tab in the Sonos App whilst the Arc room is in focus on the ‘Now Playing’ screen. Or…
  • Press the volume up button on the TV remote a few times, after pausing the Music. Or..
  • Ask the Assistant to switch to TV Mode - "Alexa, or Hey Sonos, switch to TV mode in the Living Room” (just as an example)