Answered

Samsung - 55” Class Q80B QLED 4K Smart Tizen TV with SONOS Beam and 2 SONOS One units

• 14 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I apologize if this has been asked, I could not find anything.

I have a Samsung Q80B television.  My son bought us a SONOS Beam and 2 SONOS One speakers.  The intent was to use the SONOS Ones as 2 personal speakers to allow my wife and I to adjust the One volume to aid in hearing some things we have trouble picking up with just TV speaker or soundbar.

From what I have read, this is not really the intent.  We tried having them as surround, but that did not work.  We tried them as a group, that did not work.  We now have them grouped with the Beam, which seems to work, but we encounter the lip synch issue I have read about.  I have 2 other issues that are more annoying.  First, the audio tends to “skip”.  More specifically, the audio will be playing and then just go blank for a split second, just long enough to be noticeable.

Second, the One speaker disconnects from the group.  The beam will still be connected to the TV, but the Ones will not.  The light on the top is white, and if I press the volume control, I just get a pulsing sound that increases and decreases.  I can go to the app and reconnect everything, but it is a bit annoying.  This seems to happen after the tv has been powered off for some period of time.  For instance, I notice that if I set the group one evening, the next evening it will be disconnected.  Again, I am able to regroup everything without any other action other than going in the app and bringing up TV and checking the 2 One boxes.

Withe the vast number of settings within the TV and SONOS units, I am a bit overwhelmed.  I am hoping someone who understands the system better may have some advice.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Handyman22 16 January 2023, 16:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

A couple of other notes.  My TV output is set at “Sonos Beam eArc”, and I tried powering everything down and letting it sit 5 minutes and bringing it back up.  That did not solve the problem.

I called and talked to a technical support person today.  She was helpful.  What I was trying to do is apparently not recommended.  se walked me through how to set up my 2 ones as surrounds and showed me how to adjust the surround volume independent from the beam using the app.  It seems to have solved my issues.