Answered

S2 vs S1 for Beam and OneSL

• 12 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m a bit irritated with Sonos at the moment.  Normal audio equipment should just work, and this has not been the case.

Sonos says that OneSL and Beam are compatible with S2

When I open the S1 app, it says an update is needed.  When I try the update, it wants to download S2.  Fine.  But when I open S2, it says my OneSL and Beam are incompatible!  So which is it?  

In the meantime, I’m having issues where every few times trying to play music via WiFi, I am no longer able to do so, and some magic combination of rebooting the router, speaker, and time of day I guess, *sometimes* gets things working again.  I was hoping an update would resolve the issue, but the S1 vs S2 thing is stopping that from happening.

My main question: Is there a reason my devices are showing up as incompatible with S2?​​​​​

icon

Best answer by John B 12 June 2021, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi. The problems you are having playing music will not be resolved by an update because they are local to your system and network. 

The Beam and One SL are certainly compatible with both S1 and S2. Are they your only Sonos devices? If they are  why were you on S1? 

In your S1 mobile controller, in Settings, System, System Topls is there a Compatibility Check Tool?