Answered

s2 keeps losing my beam gen2 on wifi

• 19 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Every now and then my beam gen2 and sub mini disappear off my system would creating a Sonos wired  system help and is it easy to do 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 20 November 2023, 09:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you can easily run an Ethernet cable to your Beam, give it a try and see if it solves the issue. 

You might also try setting fixed ip addresses for your devices. 

Badge

Thanks for the reply I can’t get an Ethernet to the beam but I can to one of my many SL speakers and if I’m honest i would have no idea how to set a fixed it address 

Badge

So I use eero mesh and I can assign each speaker a fixed ip address would this help solve the issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Static/reserved IP addresses followed by a full Sonos and network reboot does solve a lot of hard to debug issues.

It may or may not solve yours but as it is a quick and easy thing to do and eliminates it as an issue I’d sure doing it before anything else. I did years ago and it fixed my glitches.

Forgot to mention: Don’t try using Ethernet to a Surround or Sub, that isn’t a good option, stick to primary speakers.