Answered

Problem upgrading my TV setup

• 5 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’ve been owning a Playbase for a bit more than one year and I’ve just bought 2 SL Ones to augment the sound experience for my TV.

The Playbase has been set up with the previous version of the app, but the new SL Ones have been set up with the new S2 app. I want all these speakers to be configured in the same room but for some reason it is impossible for me to see the Playbase in the new S2 app. When I try to set-up new product, it just never shows up. When I open the old app, it just direct me to the new app, so I’ve kinda lost any ability to control my Playbase, even though it still shows up in AirPlay.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by controlav 5 December 2020, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like you now have two Sonos households: S1 has the Playbar, and S2 has the SL Ones on it. You need to make them all on one system, so:

1. Factory reset the Playbar (this will destroy all Sonos playlists, alarms etc) and (temporarily) hard-wire it to your network

1. Start the S2 app and Add New Player, should find the Playbar, and add it to the S2 system with the SL Ones
  2. Verify all 3 devices happy in S2 app
  3. Pull cable from Playbar, should still work (I am assuming you are using SonosNet or WiFi)
  4. Bind the Ones as Surrounds to the Playbar
  5. Profit

Thanks a million, the factory reset did the trick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Excellent news! Glad you are back in business. If you have an iOS device, try my app (see profile).