Answered

Playbar keeps cutting out - likey overheating - suggestions?

• 26 May 2023
  • 3 replies

My play bar from 2018 has been cutting out. I suspect it's overheating because the longer I unplug it, the longer it runs again after being plugged back in.

Does anyone have any suggestions on causes or how to repair it?

Another possibility, but I don't know if it has a temperature sensor somewhere, might be faulty temperature reading.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 May 2023, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I don’t know of any way of increasing airflow inside it, but where do you have it placed? For instance, if it’s in a recessed ‘cabinet’ space, it may benefit from being pulled out. If you think a sensor may be bad, have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

The playbar is on an open shelf, also in the basement where it's cooler so it should be ok from that aspect.

I haven't tried Sonos support yet but will do so, since it's no longer under warranty I just wanted to see if other people experienced something similar and if it's possible to repair it.

I gave away my PLAYBARS after purchasing Arcs to replace them, but no, never had an issue with them.