Answered

Play music from receiver to arc and one sl

I would like to play music (both radio and turn table) on my Arc soundbar as well as my One SL speakers.  Here is what I tried and it has not gone well:  First I purchased a Port and a receiver.  The receiver I purchased did not have a Digital Audio Input, which the port instructions say you need.  I then purchased a Denon receiver that does have a digitial audio input but you have to hook it up to a tv to set it up.  I just want to play radio and use my turntable from the receiver to the soundbar/speakers I have set up.  How do I do this?  What receiver should I use.  Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 10 July 2022, 03:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If you want to play a TT to your Sonos Arc etc. then you need a TT with either a built-in pre-amp, (or a separate pre-amp) to bring the TT output up-to line-level, then attach that to the analog RCA input on the Sonos Port 

To do the same thing with a Tuner radio receiver, then you are going to need to add an RCA Splitter or Switch to the setup (which you will likely find on Amazon or similar online outlet) as there is only one analog line-in on the Sonos Port, or I guess you could add another Sonos product with a line-in to your setup if you prefer, but I personally don’t really see the point for adding a radio as there are plenty of ‘free’ streaming Radio services online and available within the Sonos Controller App already, including Sonos Radio, Tune In, BBC Sounds, MyTuner Radio and Radio Player, just to name but a few of them, but that’s of course your prerogative if you prefer to add a hardware radio tuner instead to play through an analog line into your Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You do not need a digital input on your receiver, you can use one if it is there though. The Port offers RCA Line Level inputs and outputs too.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/port