Skip to main content
Answered

Play 1 speakers wont stay connected to wifi

• 9 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello. I’m sending this to see if I can get into connect with someone who can assist me in setting up my beam 1 to work on a surround system with two play 1’s. I’ve had it connected together before, but I just recently moved and for some reason the only one I can get to stay connected to the wifi is the beam 1. I’ve tried downgrading to S1 and multiple factory resets. I don’t know if this issue is a regular thing or if something might be wrong with one of the play 1’s, but any help is appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

@Dankeythemankey,

I don’t see any opportunity here to revert back to the S1 App, if you have ever upgraded the speakers to S2, as your profile is showing all your Sonos devices as being S1/S2 compatible only and you need an S1-only Sonos product if you were looking to create a new S1 system, post downgrade. You might just need to post back to perhaps clarify your thinking here?

Anyhow, I would start by temporary wiring the ‘hopefully’🤞non-factory-reset Sonos Beam to the new local router, then see if it appears as an ‘existing’ system in either a ‘reset’ on new Sonos App (the same App that you used at your previous Home)… If that works, you should be able to add either a non-reset device to that same setup, but if you have factory reset the Play:1 previously, then simply FR it again and setup as a new device to the ‘existing’ Sonos Household, but it’s best to not upgrade it, if the Beam was previously/currently using an S1 system and definitely do not downgrade it, if the Beam is now using S2.

So the steps suggested/required here, really all depend on what you may have already done - so you might need to post back with far more detail about your original system and the steps you have already tried when you moved into the new Home.