Answered

Phones No Longer Connect to SONOS Beam

• 6 November 2022
  • 2 replies

We have used our phones and Macs with our SONOS Beam successfully for 2 years, and we haven’t changed a thing. We use the music stored on our Macs, which still works perfectly with SONOS. We have used the S1 app on our phones with Tunein only to listen to the radio. Our phones will no longer connect to Tunein. My phone is an iPhone 6S, which will not run the newest app. My wife’s phone is an iPhone 13, which has the newest app. Neither phone works with Tunein. After each unsuccessful try, we get the message that our phones are no longer connected to the Internet, and we have to reset our network to get them back on.

icon

Best answer by werz 10 November 2022, 04:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @werz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That is some pretty strange behaviour - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

With your phones reporting that they have lost their internet connection, it sounds like the issue has more to do with your router or internet connection than with TuneIn or your Sonos system.

I hope you find the source of the problem.

I did speak with your tech support. Apparently, using the iphone 13 with the S2 app caused the Beam to update itself, making it incompatible with the iphone 6S and its S1 app. Our solution, until I upgrade the 6S phone, was to delete the S1 app from the older phone and use the iPhone 13 *only* to run Tunein with the S2 app.