Answered

Only stereo sound with Arc + LG OLED

• 9 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Maybe a simple newbie question… bought Arc today and easily installed it to my LG OLEDs HDMI-ARC port (no eARC available).

Can get sound from TV and Spotify, but only in stereo. Tried several movies (from Disney+) today with Dolby Atmos mark, but getting still only stereo sound (checked that in the app).  Have been browsing my tv-menu and can see that Atmos is selected (but greyed out as only selectable when using tv’s own speakers). No selectable options available more (even how hard I scroll - saw other thread with this solution so wanted to note this…) 

So far tried: several re-start and cable re-instal of both arc and TV. Re-installed arc from app and re-connected it to tv again. Check that there are now updates available to tv, arc or any app in tv. 

Not yet tried optical cable connection.

Any good ideas or advices! 

icon

Best answer by Hannup 10 July 2023, 19:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Set the TV to these settings (if available):

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

DTV Audio Setting: Auto

FYI: All Spotify music will play in stereo only.

Would love to… but there are no such menu items available.  

Userlevel 7

Would love to… but there are no such menu items available.  

What specific LG model TV do you have?

Actually I found solution to this case from Reddit. Simple thing, but now All good…