Skip to main content

Hi all, I do not know where to turn for help on this matter so I am starting here. Any thoughts or ideas are most welcome please: I own a Sony X95K Bravia TV and use the Google TV native apps. I have my Sonos Arc connected properly to earc via HDMI and it works perfectly EXCEPT that starting last night there is no sound when I use specifically the HULU app. When I check the Sonos app it does not show receiving audio. When I use any other streaming app, the Sonos S2app shows the audio being received. All other apps are working just fine. If I disconnect the hdmi cable temporarily to the ARC or unplug the ARC, then the sound works when the TV speakers are being used rather than the Sonos ARC. I have done, I think, most of the normal fixes, restart the ARC, uninstall and reinstall the HULU app. I am not sure where to turn to try and get this working again. I would appreciate any thoughts or help. Thank you, John

I’d be double checking the TV, as it may not be doing the appropriate CEC handshake with the Sonos. First thing, check the TV for firmware/software updates. Next, force a reboot of the TV’s OS by unplugging it from the wall for 5 minutes, then plugging it back in. You may also want to talk to Sony’s CS about the issue.