Skip to main content

I have a Sonos Arc capable of Dolby Atmos connected via the eARC to a LG C1 OLED. When attempting to watch Dolby Atmos Endorsed movies (i.e., Top Gun Maverick) the best audio I can get is Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 as indicated by the Sonos App. I have tried the following to correct for the absent Dolby Atmos:

1) Unplugged the television for one minute

2) Worked with customer support at Prime video to ensure the correct settings were selected

3) Worked with LG customer service to ensure the correct settings were selected. LG customer service suggested it was a Prime Video App issue, the not television

4) Deleted and reinstalled the Prime Video App

5) Ensured Max, Disney+, and Prime Music worked with Dolby Atmos. They all work with Dolby Atmos.

5) I unplugged the Arc, turned Dolby Atmos off, selected TV speakers, and then plugged the Arc back in

6) eARC is activated on the LG television

At this point, I'm at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, 

JR

Duplicate thread

Are you playing the movie using the original English language soundtrack?

That said, on my LG C9 OLED TV the Top Gun Maverick Movie in the Amazon Prime Movies App shows only as 5.1 audio here. I would need to purchase it to play it and see. However, have you tried Jack Ryan Final Season, as that’s shown here as DD Atmos?