Answered

New Set up

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Reasonably new to this, so please be patient. 😎

I have just upgraded from a Playbar to the Arc, which obviously leaves me with what to do with the Playbar.

Where the Arc now is I currently have 2 Play 3’s used as surround sound.

However, in the room I am thinking of moving the Playbar to I have two ones.

My question is am I better moving the Ones to match up with the Arc so that all the latest items are together, for best sound, or am I best leaving the 3’s where they are as I presume they are more powerful?

the next question would then be if I set up the Playbar with the Ones, would that stop them from being able to play in Ulta HD on Amazon music, as the Playbar isn’t up to it?

Hope this makes sense

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 28 September 2022, 12:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you move the Ones to be used as surrounds with the Arc, you will lose voice control in the other room (now Playbar and Play:3s) unless you have a separate Alexa device for voice control. The microphone on the Ones is also disabled when used as surrounds as the Arc is voice enabled (assuming you have not purchased the Arc SL)

The Arc is capable of playing Ultra HD/Dolby Atmos with either the Ones or the Play:3 as surrounds, as the stream is based on the capability of the soundbar.

The Playbar however is restricted to HD when using Amazon Music. You cannot play Ultra HD on the Playbar.

I purchased Play:3s almost 9yrs ago and used them as surrounds with a Playbar. When I upgraded to Arc, I have left the Play:3s as surrounds. I believe there is a slight improvement in sound using the Play:3s vs Ones as surrounds, both for tv and music listening.

As you own both the Ones and the Play:3s, you can judge for yourself what is your preference. It doesn’t take much effort to swap out the surrounds for the other to compare performance between the two.

Thanks very much for your reply