Answered

My V2 Sub is doing some pretty weird stuff

Badge +1
  • Contributor II
  • 9 replies

I had made a post months ago on my sub disconnecting from my system and not being able to get it back but I ended up resolving that via leaving it unplugged overnight and it connected fine the next day. 

It seems to have been fine since but then last night I noticed I wasn’t getting any bass so I looked at the sub and it was flashing white. 
So I did the whole remove and readd and it claimed it was readded and working in the app however the sub was flashing green and when I played music or TV there was no bass. 

Now the REAL kicker here is when I turn the sub off in the app, I get bass out of it but the bass is low?
I get no difference in bass response when adjusting the slider when on or off but I get bass when off vs on.

I tried unplugging the back speakers & just leaving the Arc connected via ethernet but made no difference. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Udon 20 May 2023, 04:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Remove the Sub from the Arc in the Sonos app. Then unplug the Arc and Sub from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. Make sure the Sub and surround speakers are NOT wired with an ethernet cable. Plug the Arc and Sub back in and let them reconnect to the network. Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on the Arc, Sub, and surrounds in the Sonos app. Then add the Sub to the Arc and test again.

Badge +1

The only thing that I haven't done in your above suggestion was removing the Arc.

But do you not find it strange that I'm getting bass out of the subwoofer when it is turned off in the app and when it's turned on there is no bass?

Userlevel 7

The only thing that I haven't done in your above suggestion was removing the Arc.

But do you not find it strange that I'm getting bass out of the subwoofer when it is turned off in the app and when it's turned on there is no bass?

I never mentioned to remove the Arc. Follow the steps that I posted in the exact order and see if it helps.

Badge +1

By removing the ark I mean unplugging it removing it from power not from the app

Badge +1

Just an FYI that I have my arc hardwired via ethernet.

Edit, I did just as you said everything is reconnected as it was before status lights are showing connected however I am getting absolutely no bass out of my subwoofer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is wifi on the Arc and the Sub turned on?

Badge +1

Yessir 

I will try like I did before and just leave the sub unplugged for a while and try it again later, it's bizarre

Badge +1

So I disabled WIFI on the Arc & re-enabled it & all seems to be good now. 
See how it goes, cheers for the suggestions.