Answered

My rear speakers aren’t working on my Xbox

• 28 February 2023
  • 11 replies

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 February 2023, 17:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7

We need more information to assist you. What Sonos sound bar do you have? What model TV do you have? What exactly are you watching\playing on the Xbox? What audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

I have the Sonos Beam sound at, my TV is a Sony XBR-55X700D, I’m playing Hogwarts Legacy on XBox, the Adonis app displays Dolby digital 5.1.

Userlevel 7

Do the surround speakers play any audio from other sources like when you stream a movie in 5.1?

If there is an HDMI Audio Source setting on your TV, set it to Auto. If there is a Digital Audio Out setting on your TV, set it to Auto 1. Both settings might be available on your TV.

Surround is set to auto on my TV

Userlevel 7

Do you hear audio from the surround speakers from other 5.1 sources or when you stream music to the Beam?

Can you post photos of all of the Sound setting options on your TV?

I haven’t tried to stream sound to the speakers. 

Userlevel 7

You should check other streaming sources to see if you have the same issue with the surrounds.

Also be sure you have properly added the speakers as surrounds to the Beam by following the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

And be sure to keep Wi-Fi enabled on the Beam and surrounds in the Sonos app.

And double check the TV settings for a “Digital Audio Out” setting. Most Sony TVs have this setting and it should be set to Auto 1.

I can’t follow these steps because I don’t have a “Set up Surrounds” option on the list. 

I do have all my One’s hooks up.

Userlevel 7

You haven’t set up the Ones as surrounds with the Beam yet.

Under System > Products, select “Basement (+Sub)” and look for the “Set up Surrounds” option. Then follow the app instructions to add your Ones as surrounds.

Under System > Products, select “Basement (+Sub)” and look for the “Set up Surrounds” option. Then follow the app instructions to add your Ones as surrounds.

I can’t believe I did that lol- I thought I just needed to add the speakers.  This was it, thanks!!

So I setup the speakers as surrounds, and I THOUGHT that fixed it, but I don’t get any sound coming from the rear speakers when I play my game. 

Now what am I missing?