Answered

Lost Speaker using Trueplay

• 10 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

My family room has a Sonos Arc, Sonos AMP with 2 in-ceiling speakers (not Sonos Architectual), and a Sonos Sub. 

Whenever I try to run Trueplay it gives me an error of “Lost Speaker”. 

I’ve factory reset the Arc and SUB and set everything up again, but still the same error.

Also tried moving the iPhone closer to the ARC and no joy. 

Diagnostics Number: 554718305

Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 10 August 2023, 09:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Contact phone support and reference that diagnostic. Meanwhile, avoid Factory Reset without further consult because it rarely cures this sort of issue and it destroys diagnostic data.

Reboot is OK.

On a wild speculation, try raising the Volume a bit before starting Trueplay. I'm not suggesting that you “peal the paint" or “kill flying insects”, just a little.

Badge +1

I called support with reference number (sounded like support from India) and they reviewed the diagnostics and found no apparent errors and decided it’s probably just because the speakers connected to the Sonos Amp aren’t Sonos brand. I’m pretty certain people have used trueplay on other brands as long as it was in the Sonos amp.

First thing I tried was raising the volume, but it seemed as though no volume control was available - like trueplay has a set level for the test? I tried moving iPhone mic closer to the front and back as well but still same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Only Sonos by Sonance architectural speakers will give you Trueplay: