Answered

Lost Speaker using Trueplay

• 31 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi All, 

I wanted to revive a topic from a few years ago about trueplay “loosing” a speaker during tuning. I upgraded my family room setup with an arc that replaced a beam. I went through the steps of disconnecting the surround and sub from the beam which I loved to another room. I then added the arc and the associated surround components. When I listen everything seems to be playing. However when I go to tune I get a “lost speaker” as shown on the screenshot attached. I went through multiple total reboots of my WiFi and the speakers per previous suggestions but it doesn’t seem to help. I submitted a diagnostic 137804396. Any insight would be appreciated!! 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 2 January 2023, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @CoHagg, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into the diagnostics you’ve sent over and can see multicast flooding on your system which, is layman's terms, means that a device on the network is sending multicast packets to devices that aren't supposed to get them. This is likely the cause of your issues.

Make sure your router is set up to handle this correctly by turning on IGMP snooping/filtering. You’ll be able to find out how to do this by checking your routers manual or by reaching out to your ISP. I can see your system is wired as well.

I see you have a wired Sonos device. If this is wired to an unmanaged network switch, please swap it for a switch which is IGMP-capable. If it is wired directly to your router and the router has no IGMP options, I recommend placing a IGMP-capable switch between Sonos and the router. If you have a managed switch, you will need to activate it's IGMP snooping/filtering, as well as the router's

I hope this information helps! 

I have exactly the same problem as above, I upgraded to an Arc from a Beam, system is running just fine accept when I try and tune Trueplay it keeps coming back with LOST SPEAKER, have done the online chat and carried out everything they told me without success I have sent a diagnostics report No 488668546.

Please help as I am pulling what little hair i have left out.

I had a similar problem and lucked out by simply removing the sub and surround speakers and adding them back on.  I did the surround first and then did the Sub.  This fixed the issue.  

I am using an Arc with an original Sub and two One’s as my surround speakers.