Skip to main content
Answered

LG TV with Beam Gen 2 - seems to have reprogrammed the TV remote?

• 7 January 2024
  • 2 replies

First Sonos purchase. Bougt the Beam gen 2.  I have an LG TV and connected the Beam to the eARC HDMI port. After configuring the TV for the output sound, it worked. Pretty easy setup...(no Apple tv connected yet..saw the issues here). The main problem I have is it somehow has reprogrammed the LG TV’s remote. Now the ‘power’ button on the TV is a ‘mute’ button. How do I power off the TV without unplugging it?  Anyone else have this issue? 

Also, another unrelated question, is there any way to adjust the EQ? I like more bass, less treble...any adjustments on this thing?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos has no way to re-program/change your TV remote - Are you using the CEC protocol or infrared (universal remote) - or both to control the volume & power on/off functions? Perhaps make sure you have set the soundbar to the correct manufacturer in the device connector/universal control settings on your LG TV.

To adjust EQ settings see this Sonos support link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/adjust-the-bass-treble-balance-and-loudness

Hi Ken_Griffiths...thanks for the quick reply….exactly as I thought! So embarrassed to say after disconnecting, reconnecting and moving things around...some of the buttons on the remote were definitely not working as they did without the bar...couldn’t understand it. But, I’ve found the issue...the soundbar was in front of the infrared sensor on the TV! 😆 Why some buttons worked (volume up/down} while others didn’t still puzzles me. But I’ve moved the bar a couple inches away and all is well. Tried to delete the post before anyone responded, but couldn’t see how to do that.  Thanks for the EQ link, will have a look.