Answered

LG TV and Sonos Beam Sound Sync

• 2 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a new setup: SkyQ box HDMI to TV LG 55G2 HDMI 1; LG 55G2 HDMI 2(ARC) to Sonos Beam(gen1). Also have the Sonos wireless sub. SkyQ output is set to 2160p 10bit UHD/Dolby Digital output (5.1). The TV is set to use the eARC sound bar as speaker. I cannot seem to get the voice sync correct. Its almost as if the picture is slightly ahead of the sound, as I cannot find any sound delay setting on any device which perfectly synchronises the sound/picture, 0ms seems the closest anything else makes it worse. I have tried setting delays on the SkyQ box and TV without success. If I set the SkyQ box to ‘Normal’ sound output (Stereo only?) the sync seems OK. Can anyone suggest what settings would be best to try on the TV (or Sky/Sonos box) to try and correct this issue? Surely a state of the art TV and Sonos Beam should be able to display sound/vision sync with Dolby Digital?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 March 2023, 22:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have a similar setup and find that this is channel dependent and that recorded programmes rarely suffer.   The worst channel is Sky News, in my set-up.  Can you confirm if your issue is the same or is it constant?

Badge

It seems to be on all channels.

Userlevel 7

Try these TV settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: Off