Answered

LG C2 and Arc not connectng

• 9 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I received my Arc and Sub yesterday from best buy.  Had handy person come out today to wall mount ARC and fish wires through wall to back of LG 77 C2 tv. 

Sonos Arc and Sub are talking fine with each other, but when I try to pair it to TV through the sonos application it fails and says unable to connect to ARC or something along those lines.  Very very annoying.  I am sure if I contact LG they will say contact Sonos and Sonos will blame LG, etc.   Have read a lot of the knowledge base on here and there seems to be some issues likely going on with the c2 Tvs  and the ARC is this true?  ff so this is a very expensive paperweight as main purpose is to watch this with my TV vs streaming music or other stuff.  I have tried literally everything.  Whether would to turn smartlink on/off, unplug all hdmi’s power cycle it, etc..  Is the c2 and the ARC just not compatible with each other currently?  If so let me know please and will save me time.  Wish I would of read of some of these issues earlier or would of never went this route as wasted 3-4 hours tonight playing with it to never get it to connect to tv correctly.  Using supplied hdmi cable although suppose it could be bad?  Any suggestions before packing it up and returning for a refund tomorrow?  When you spend 3k on a TV and close to 2k on a sound bar arguably some the Best TV made and possibly the one of the best sound bars made you think they would play nicely together.  Think their tech teams and programmers would be speaking to resolve this issue.

Thanks for any advise before returning to store.  I suppose I could get the Optical adapter, but  that defeats the point and also another $25 on top of it.

icon

Best answer by Annoyed_in_Fl 9 June 2023, 12:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV.

Ended up finding cause a bad HDMI supplied with unit :(.. wasted 3-4 hours yesterday due to bad cable.  Least it is solved, but can’t get those hours of my life back lol.  Cable used was 12 ft temp 8k cable to get it working ordered new one from Amazon overnight being shorter and alot higher quality than one provided with speaker from sonos