Answered

IPTV

• 4 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I have Sonos Beam Gen 2

panasoniscTv hdmi arc

firestick 4K 

when playing IPTV via fire stick, everything set for DD 5.1 but only getting DD plus 2.0

i can play Atmos from fire stick on demo and amazon prime, not been able to play any Netflix Atmos only 5.1 

sky Atmos works ok

looked at various settings any ideas?? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 January 2023, 23:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you sure the IPTV content is in 5.1?

Do you have a Netflix premium subscription? It is required to get Dolby Atmos audio on Netflix. You must also be playing the original language audio track.

Yes set to 5.1 or Auto, manually changed to try to sort.

yes my Netflix is premier 

Userlevel 7

Yes set to 5.1 or Auto, manually changed to try to sort.

yes my Netflix is premier 

Just because the setting is set to 5.1 doesn’t mean all content from IPTV is available in 5.1. A lot of the content is probably only available in stereo.

Log into your Netflix account on a web browser and go to your account settings. Under your Profile, make sure the Playback Settings is set to HIGH under “Data usage per screen”. Then test the film Don’t Look Up on Netflix and tell me what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app.

IPTV seems to only play DD 2.0 even when option to select 5.1

netflix set as you said, playback of Don’t Look Up is 5.1 on fire stick, smart TV and sky q box

thanks

Jack Ryan on prime via fire stick is in Atmos 

Userlevel 7

IPTV seems to only play DD 2.0 even when option to select 5.1

netflix set as you said, playback of Don’t Look Up is 5.1 on fire stick, smart TV and sky q box

More than likely, 5.1 audio isn’t supported on the IPTV app on the Fire TV Stick 4K.

And if you have the older 2018 Fire TV Stick 4K model, Dolby Atmos audio probably isn’t supported on Netflix either.