Skip to main content
Question

Intermittent audio drops from TV

• 18 July 2024
  • 6 replies

So, last night (17 July 24) experienced intermittent audio dropping whist listening to TV audio on our Playbar. 
No changes to the setup at all. This issue just started to manifest itself. 

TV connected by optical. No TV software update. No previous issues observed at all. 
Will look to disconnect, clean and check optical later. 
Noted in Sonos App that the status of the Playbar changes from TV to no input. 
Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks. 
Kieron

6 replies

So, last night (17 July 24) experienced intermittent audio dropping whist listening to TV audio on our Playbar. 
No changes to the setup at all. This issue just started to manifest itself. General Motors

TV connected by optical. No TV software update. No previous issues observed at all. 
Will look to disconnect, clean and check optical later. 
Noted in Sonos App that the status of the Playbar changes from TV to no input. 
Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks. 
Kieron

Hello,
I've also been experiencing intermittent audio drops with my Playbar while watching TV. It's connected via optical and there have been no changes or updates to the setup. The Sonos app shows the Playbar status switching from TV to no input. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Best regards,
florence023

Having gotten the TV and Playbar off the wall, cleaned both (a bit dusty) and have replaced the optical cable as a belt and braces.

The Playbar is still dropping.

Noticed that momentarily the Playbar had disappeared from the app, then appeared again. Have run a diagnostic which has been sent, ID: ***********.

What does this tell us Sonos?

thnx, Kieron. 

Moderator edit: recorded and removed diagnostics number

Two things…

First you need to remove the diagnostic ID number from your post for your security.

Second you need to call Sonos Tech Support to discuss the data in the Diagnostic. No one in this community knows what is contained in a diagnostic as we don’t have the tools to interpret the data.

Good luck to get your issue resolved. 😊

I have also just observed (by accident) the status light on the side of the Playbar go yellow when the sound drops out too. 

Two things…

First you need to remove the diagnostic ID number from your post for your security.

Second you need to call Sonos Tech Support to discuss the data in the Diagnostic. No one in this community knows what is contained in a diagnostic as we don’t have the tools to interpret the data.

Good luck to get your issue resolved. 😊

OK, thanks for letting me know! I’ve seen a few other examples of this being done in other posts here!

Cheers! Kieron

I too am have this same issue with the same setup - LG 65” OLED and a Playbase with two P1s - receiving those audio drops.  Theres been no change at all and these are the first issues we have had like this.

The television audio started dropping - we do have the optical cable and have tried replacing it.  We have also unplugged every Sonos product we have and rebooted the router.  

During the time that it has dropped the audio source drops,  the Playbase disappears,  and the app says that we need to turn off everything or restart the app.  (Which hasn’t helped at all)

We swapped out the Playbase with the Playbar and so far there’s not been an issue so I’m thinking there’s maybe an issue with the Playbase itself.