Skip to main content

I've recently got a new router and with this a few network settings changed, as of now after a few minutes my BEAM disconnects when I airplay any content to it. I would like to remove the old network and 'refresh' the network settings by adding it again. I do not wish to change my password as this will result all my devices in my household 100+ to lose connection and it's really not a road I want to go down to.

Any input is highly appreciated. 

I have tried to give the BEAM a dedicated IP address but it does not want to use my new router settings..

Hi @Unique_Username.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

You may follow the steps below so your Sonos can save your new Wifi information. 

Note that this process will require you to temporarily connect a Sonos speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable.

If your Sonos App already shows your home page:

Tap Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup 

To delete the old Wifi Wifi network:

Tap Settings > System > Network > Network (Choose the network then Remove)

These steps are also available on our support website under the article Connect Sonos to a new router or WiFi network.

Hopefully, that helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

I assume:

• Beam is connected wirelessly
  • New router has same SSID and password as old router

In that case there is nothing to do except reboot the Beam. There are no “network settings” you can change apart from SSID/password (which is the same you say, a good idea) and channel used by SonosNet (if you are using i).t

Sounds like whatever the AirPlay problem is, it isn’t directly related to your router swap.

I am unclear what “it does not want to use my new router settings” means.

Check your new router’s settings to make sure it is set to operate in a mode that Sonos supports. Many newer routers offer features and modes by default that Sonos doesn’t work well with.

The refusal of the Beam to take the DHCP assigned address really points to that as the problem. The only other thing that would be likely to cause that is if the other router is still on the network and offering DHCP services.

Check your new router’s settings to make sure it is set to operate in a mode that Sonos supports. Many newer routers offer features and modes by default that Sonos doesn’t work well with.

So Stanley, are you going to share details on what mode Sonos does support?

So Stanley, are you going to share details on what mode Sonos does support?

That would probably depend on which router you are using.

Wireless setup requirements

• 2.4GHz WiFi signal
  • 802.11b/g modes enabled
  • Wireless network security set to WPA2, WPA2/WPA, WEP, or Open

Products that support 802.11a/b/g/n

If your wireless router is broadcasting 802.11a/n, these products can connect to the 5GHz WiFi network:

• One (Gen 2)
  • One SL
  • Port
  • Five
  • Sub (Gen 3)
  • Move

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US