Answered

I know many of you are unable to update SYMFONISK 594.879.47, is that right?

• 4 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi All
I purchased SYMFONISK 594.879.47 but the app update server seems to be down and I am unable to get the updater and complete my speaker setup. tried WIFI setup security and tethering but I get the same error code 18 and I wonder if a worldwide update attack is being carried out on SONOS, because I got 30 once by chance. 

I wonder if this is a problem that has been happening since the previous model. (around 7 minutes in)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6t6Pxti5Go
I would like to see congestion relief and scaling because a file update mechanism is something that should be able to optimize the cost of a cloud environment.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 December 2022, 13:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I looked at the video and the problem there is not the Symfonisk not being able to update, but needing to update before setting up is completed.

I’ve not seen many mentions of not being able to update on this community and I would not expect the Symfonisks using a different update server from the rest of the Sonos or IKEA devices. My system has updated with no complaint in the last months.

So, unless you get more confirmation about a problem at the Sonos end of things, I’d temporarily cable connect the Symfonisk and update it that way. You could also call Sonos and ask them to take a look at your wifi environment.

Hi 106rallye

Thank you very much for the quick comment.
It was very helpful.

I had looked into the lack of comments and oversaw it, but after purchasing the stones and not being able to hear the sound, the sun went down and I posted here for the first time to try to resolve the issue.

I have tried LAN and mobile carrier tethering, maybe but it seems to be only in the Japan near the region?, and I have confirmed in the last few hours today that the update process does not start and the app is timing out.

My main router is a ZTE Corporation F660A provided by my provider and we use TPLINK X60 for Wi-Fi. I have not changed any security settings.

I will try again in time.

Regards.

Hi 106rallye

Thank you very much for the quick comment.
It was very helpful.

I had looked into the lack of comments and oversaw it, but after purchasing the stones and not being able to hear the sound, the sun went down and I posted here for the first time to try to resolve the issue.

I have tried LAN and mobile carrier tethering, maybe but it seems to be only in the Japan near the region?, and I have confirmed in the last few hours today that the update process does not start and the app is timing out.

My main router is a ZTE Corporation F660A provided by my provider and we use TPLINK X60 for Wi-Fi. I have not changed any security settings.

I will try again in time.

Regards.

Maybe try using the Cloudflare (eg. 1.1.1.1) or Google (eg. 8.8.8.8) public DNS servers within your router configuration and see if that will perhaps resolve your device-update issue.

Hi Ken. Thank you very much😊
I just tried entering the DNS on the router side and rebooting, but it had no effect.

@suzuking,

You are perhaps best to give Sonos a call. 

Within 10 minutes of the update failing, submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference generated, and when practicable, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Thank you all for your concern.
It seems that the error code 18 and the inability to perform the update is due to the fact that the new lamp device is not compatible with the S2 app and the update process cannot be performed, and the sonos team is preparing a remedy.

I was hoping to watch Jurassic Park and Top Gun Maverick at home, both available on AppleTV.
Fortunately, I bought a color-changing LED light from IKEA, so I will enjoy the lighting and wait a bit for the update.

I was able to complete the update today.
I finally understand the essence of the Sonos system, including the surround sound and sound quality. Thanks to the development staff and everyone who supported me.