Skip to main content

I have a Sony Bravia TV and Sonos Arc and Sub Woofer Mini and unable to get any sound from Audio System

I have a Sony Bravia TV and Sonos Arc and Sub Mini and unable to get any sound from Audio System

The entire setup is less than six month’s old

I have the TV setup on Audio System, Standard mode, it is connected to my internet

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are you saying it’s stopped working after 6 months or that it never worked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What model tv?

It worked previously for the past six months, then I moved locations and reconnected the same as before and now doesn’t work

Sony Bravia XR 75X9xK

Using new HDMI cables same as before

Not getting any sound from my Sonos Audio System

Internal TV audio switched off

All setup with internet connection

All updates have been loaded

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Check the audio settings on the tv. They may have reset after an update to the tv? Looks like you need 

Audio output -eARC mode - Auto

Select - Speakers - Audio system

eARC enabled

It may also be worth a full power off reset of tv and speakers, and checking the cables are correctly seated. 

Thank you

Will do

What about “Audio System Prioritisation” mode?

“Output sound from Bravia Sync compatible external speakers if detecred when TV is oowered on”

Do I click this one in “On” mode?

“Output sound from Bravia Sync compatible external speakers if detected when TV is powered on”

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

“Output sound from Bravia Sync compatible external speakers if detected when TV is powered on”

Obvious answer is: same as when you set it up and had it working previously. Try with and without. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you followed the troubleshooting guide? https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/jaep1/v1/en/08-05_03.html ”Make sure tv volume is maximum” seems a likely contender as culprit. 

As stated in my second response of this thread, I had set it up exactly the way I had set it up previously and it didn’t work

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

As stated in my second response of this thread, I had set it up exactly the way I had set it up previously and it didn’t work

Not so: you said you had “reconnected” it the same way. Connections are physical cables, etc. Settings - which can change when manufacturers send out updates - are software oriented, and can change.

Have you checked the tv sound settings, per my suggestion above? You’ve not actually said yes or no to that. 

What I said was that I had re-connected all HDMI cables into their respective HDMI ports as I had done previously, (meaning the SKY puck into HDMI Port 1 and Sonos Audio System into HDMI port 3) when it worked previously and I also said that all of the updates(Software) were loaded, meaning software updates.

I hope this helps to clarify any/all of this for you

Yes, All of the other sound settings were already properly set, same as what you were asking, advising, recommending, suggesting.

I have it sorted now, meaning functioning, working

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Well done.

How?
What did you do/change?