Answered

I can get rid of a dead Sub and I cannot add my new Sub

• 4 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a Play5 S1, in what I optimistically call my “gym”
It was set up with a SUB.  

My sub died. A sad day.
Since it was still under warranty, I took it to the store, and they gave me a new one (yay).
I went home and I added the new SUB. 

I went to the Gym Play5 and selected “Remove Sub”, it indicates a click, but nothing happens. 
I cant remove the old dead sub from my Gym Play5.

When I go via the SUB, I can add it to any other speaker, just not the GYM one. 

I have tried many times in different ways. , power cycle, etc
How can I get rid of the old one so.I can add my nice new sub?

icon

Best answer by Kumar 6 February 2021, 02:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

Open the Sonos app go to system services and click " forget this setup".  Then create a new setup with your new equipment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You should check if the new Sub is the Gen 3 or Gen 2 - Gen 3 is not S1 compliant, so can't be used with a Play:5 Gen 1 (if that's what your speaker is). 

Badge

I have about 20 units in my set up. 
Do you mean reprogramming all of them ?

Badge

20 sounds like a lot but if at the end of the day you can't get it to work that might be the solution.   But way before you take that measure I still think you should simply be able to remove the old sub from the setup via the app. 

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you but I'd try that again.  Also have you simply ignoring 6ue " phantom " subs presence and tried adding the working sub to the existing setup and seeing how that sounds?

Perhaps a factory reset of just the 5 unit?