Answered

Huge delay Sonos Beam with Xgimi Elfin projector

• 28 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

To all who use a Sonos product in combination with an Xgimi projector: Does anyone have a fix for the big audio delay? I use an Xgimi Elfin projector with a Sonos Beam Gen2 over HDMI. In the HDMI or sound settings of the projector, I have HDMI eARC set to "Auto" and sound set to "Passthrough". Dolby 5.1, DTS 5.1 and even Dolby Atmos is correctly passed on to the Beam and correctly displayed in the App during playback. However, there is a significant audio delay of several seconds. No matter which App is used (tested with Plex and YouTube). If you change the sound settings from "Passthrough" to "PCM", you get less delay. However, still a bit but not as annoying. Unfortunately the signal converts to stereo and loses noticeably in dynamics and volume. Anyone have an idea?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 March 2023, 14:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam?

Have you tried setting the eARC setting to OFF? Does this still allow you to get 5.1 and Dolby Atmos audio?

Badge +1

Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam?

Have you tried setting the eARC setting to OFF? Does this still allow you to get 5.1 and Dolby Atmos audio?

I’ve used a couple of cables, including the one provided in the box.

I’ve also tried with eARC to OFF, it still transmits 5.1 and Dolby Atmos.

Both options didn’t help with the delay unfortunately. I have a feeling that this setup probably is a bit too much to handle for the internal components. Especially if the CPU/GPU has to do the processing for the internal video playback as well as the audio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Professio7 

Thanks for your post!

Your Sonos Beam will play a stream with as little delay as possible unless the audio delay has been set to something other than the default of 0ms - this is worth checking at Settings » System » [room name] » TV Dialogue Sync. If it’s already set to 0, I can only recommend that you contact Xgimi for assistance.

I hope this helps.