Answered

How to use Sonos system as everyday playback on Windows 10

• 1 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I can’t seem to find any articles on the internet that shows me how I can use my current Sonos sound system as my everyday playback sound system for my PC to watch Netflix or Youtube with. Can anyone help me in that regard? Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 August 2021, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

SONOS is not designed to be a computer speaker, but you can use the SONOS Desktop Controller to control your SONOS system.

If you want to use SONOS as a computer speaker (not recommended) you could connect your computer’s audio output to a SONOS Line-In. I doubt that you will feel that this is adequate for gaming.

I have not tried this, but some claim that Windows can stream Airplay 2. If this is the case, you could stream PC output through a SONOS unit that supports Airplay 2.

@ChandlerG 

Here’s a thread that’s ‘perhaps’ worth reading. Some community users appear to have had some success with the suggested Windows 10 setup and DD 5.1 surround audio: