Answered

How to connect Sonos Port to existing ARC system?

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos system including a sound bar and 2 speakers. I want to connect my turn table to my system. I bought the the Sonos Port to connect my turn table to my system. When I installed my Sonos Port it created a new system for it? I cannot uninstall my Sonos Port to try to reconnect it to my first system. I’m stuck. Help!

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 28 December 2022, 09:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When you’ve bought a new speaker you should have had the choice either to add it to an existing system or to start a new system. Looks like you choose the wrong option and anded up with two Sonos “households”. You could reset the Port and start over.

https://support.sonos.com/en-nz/article/reset-your-sonos-product

So I just reset it and tried again. The app asked “which room is this in?” And I selected the room under my current system is in. Well it ended up creating a second version of that room: 

So this is where I’m stuck at. 

Hi. A Sonos "room" is just a label for a speaker. You should have two rooms, with different names, just as you have. The names don't seem very helpful but we will leave that for the moment. 

So the next step is to go into the settings for Dyl2 and set the Autoplay room to Dyl. Then connect your turntable to the Port's line in and play some vinyl.

Note: if your turntable does not have a pre-amp you will need to get an external one.

You are done.  Though you may want to go to Settings and name the Port room "Turntable" or something more specific.  Now all you need to do is connect the turntable, select the Line-In as a source for the Dyl room and drop the needle.