Answered

How to connect Sonos amp to An outdoor tv on my back yard 40 feet away from the amp?

• 28 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, I have 2 sonos amp and 4 outdoors speakers, 2 speakers on my deck and 2 speakers on my outdoor kitchen, I just bought an outdoor tv (55’’ Samsung Terrace outdoor tv) and i don’t know how to connect the amp to the tv using HDMI because the amp is located indoor about 40/50 feet away from the tv that will be outside on the outdoor kitchen, anyone has an idea how to set it up? do i need an HDMI extender with cat6 cable? or sound bar to keep it outdoors? how can i set it up properly? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 May 2023, 10:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ING Diaz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You could use a HDMI-over-ethernet solution, but they are expensive. Relocating the Amp so it’s still indoors but much closer to the outdoor TV would be considerably cheaper if it meant you could use a standard HDMI cable.

Alternatively, you could place the Amp in a weather-proof container outside, but you would ideally need to control moisture levels and temperature, so it may prove more expensive than a HDMI-over-ethernet solution.

Should you decide to go for HDMI-over-ethernet, I recommend a read of these related threads:

I hope this helps.

Thanks, i’m going to relocate the amp next to the tv, i need just to find a weather-proof container