Answered

How do I connect a Epson 2100 Home Cinema Projector to an Amazon Firestick and a Beam Surround 5.1?

• 28 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I have an Epson 2100 Home Cinema Projector and I do not think it has an HDMI ARC port.   I have a fire stick connected to it right now and want to add in the brand new Sonos Beam 5.1 system I just received.   I ordered a 3x1 HDMI Switch with TOSLINK Optical SPDIF & RCA L/R Audio Out, 3 Port HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter with Remote, Supports ARC, 4kx2k@30hz, Full 3D, 1080P  on amazon as well as a Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - White - 15 Feet | 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4  and a Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable, GearIT Pro Series TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio Cable 15 Feet for HDTV, PS3, Tivo, Sound Bar, Stereo Receiver and Home Theater System - White .

Can anyone help me be successful in this endeavor?

Jason

icon

Best answer by John B 28 October 2020, 11:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I am guessing a bit here, but I would try:

Firestick into one of the switch / extractor’s HDMI input ports.  

HDMI out of switch to HDMI in on projector

optical from switch to the optical-to- HMDIARC adapter supplied with Beam

adapter plugged into Beam

Please let us know if that works.

Edit - PS - make sure you have selected the input the Firestick is in on the switch.

I have an Epson 2100 Home Cinema Projector and I do not think it has an HDMI ARC port.   I have a fire stick connected to it right now and want to add in the brand new Sonos Beam 5.1 system I just received.   I ordered a 3x1 HDMI Switch with TOSLINK Optical SPDIF & RCA L/R Audio Out, 3 Port HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter with Remote, Supports ARC, 4kx2k@30hz, Full 3D, 1080P  on amazon as well as a Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - White - 15 Feet | 4K@60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4  and a Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable, GearIT Pro Series TOSLINK Digital Optical Audio Cable 15 Feet for HDTV, PS3, Tivo, Sound Bar, Stereo Receiver and Home Theater System - White .

Can anyone help me be successful in this endeavor?

Jason

Hey Jason,

Your setup sounds exactly like we are researching. Can you confirm this worked?

Thanks,

Forrest