Answered

Home theatre and Music = AMP+ARC+Sub thirds?

• 9 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I hope for someone who can help me about a clarification:

• for Home theatre is possible use ARC and AMP with passive subwoofer? eventually I can add also 2 rear speakers? 
  • to listen a vinyl I connect a turntable in AMP form Line-in but I can use the same configuration up of home theatre?

In this case the HDMI ARC cable from tv must be connected in AMP or in ARC? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 9 January 2023, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi all, I hope for someone who can help me about a clarification:

• for Home theatre is possible use ARC and AMP with passive subwoofer? eventually I can add also 2 rear speakers? 

No.  First, the amp is not designed for passive subwoofer at all really.  It can’t really power regular speakers and a passive subwoofer except for speaker packages designed to present an 8 ohm load on the amp.  But in a HT setup, the amp doesn’t get the main sub channel, only the rear audio channels.  And the unpowered sub output is disabled accordingly.  You would need to use a Sonos sub with the Arc.

• to listen a vinyl I connect a turntable in AMP form Line-in but I can use the same configuration up of home theatre?

When an amp is used to power rear speakers, it’s essentially a satellite of the Arc.  Therefore, the line in is turned off. The amp (or a Port or Five) can be used in another room, and that can be the audio source for the Arc.

In this case the HDMI ARC cable from tv must be connected in AMP or in ARC? 

Thanks

It must always be connected to the speaker/amp that is powering the front audio changes.