Home cinema set up advice

• 23 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Any advice or help gratefully received! TIA!

I’ve had a Playbar and 2 Play1 speakers for about 10 years which have served me well. However, space wise I need to move the Playbar out to create more room.

The question is, should I get the Ray (much smaller for a compact room) with 2 Era 100 speakers, just the Era speakers and connect them via Bluetooth from my smart TV (Samsung) or just the Ray and use it with the 2 Play 1 speakers? Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It depends. Cheapest would be to go with the Ray and the existing pair of PLAY:1s, running S2. If you wanted to move the PLAY:1s to other rooms for music playback, there’s nothing wrong with the Era 100s as surrounds….

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for that, it is a slight conundrum. I don't want to get rid of the Playbar as it's a good piece of kit, just much too big for my purposes and I really don't need that much power as it's quite a small room.

Place the PLAYBAR in another room, for use there. There’s no need to get rid of anything, it will all still work.