Answered

Help Please. Think something is wrong with my Sub

• 31 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

When I first received my Sonos system I loved it, still do but after moving I've become somewhat dissatisfied with the Sub. In my previous home, the sun hit low and hard now I can barely hear it.I noticed this be the first time I played it in my new home. My new house living room is a lot larger then my previous living room and has a high ceiling plus has somewhat of an open design. So naturally I thought I would have to play with the placement. I've been here for less than a year and have tried many different placements and nothing seems to work. I've found myself having to turn the sub volume up to 5 to get an almost pleasing result. I've tried placing the sub in my listening position and crawl around but nothing sounds particularly good.

I got fed up a couple of days ago and took the sub upstairs to my home office which is a really small room. Left the sub paired to the Arc and played some music and the sub sounds so horrible when it comes to volume. I expected it to blow me out of the water 8n this small room. Completely opposite of my expectations.  

I have a Sonos One Gen 2 in the office so I paired the sun to it.

You know the sound Sonos speakers play when you successfully connect or pair a speaker, well that was loud enough that it startled me. Now I'm thinking, that's what I'm used to. Start playing the same track I played on the Arc and the subs bass is still really low in volume I mean really low. At first I was not even sure if the Sub was outputting any sound until I turned it off in the app settings. It barely makes any difference when paired to the Sonos One. I don't know what's going on or why this is happening. I do not use True Play which should not matter because this is way below what should be expected. 

I've tried resetting the speaker, different placements, pairing to a different speaker, I've run out of options.

If it were not for the loud successful connection sound, I would have thought it was damaged in the move.  I was on the edge of purchasing a second sub thinking my listening area was to large until I tested it in my small home office. 

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 1 February 2023, 09:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you suspect a technical fault, call Sonos.